Press Fit (No Weld) Piping Systems FAQS
What applications are applicable for 316 Stainless Steel No Weld Pipe
and Fitting System?
- Potable and domestic cold and hot water
- Machinery fresh water cooling
- Hot and chilled water for air conditioning plants
- Sprinkler and Fire systems
- Condensate Lines
- Compressed Air Lines and automatisms
- Vacuum lines
- Gases, including propane, butane and natural gas, inert gases such as oxygen, steam, compressed air and instrument air.
- Demineralised, Softened, Conditioned and essential waters
- Waste Water systems
- Fuels & solvents including: diesel, lubricating oils, disinfectants, petroleum-based products, cleaning agents, paint thinners and other aggressive fluids.
What is the Pressure Rating of the 316 Stainless Steel No Weld Pipe and Fitting System?
The 316 Stainless Steel No Weld Piping System can be used in systems with operating pressures of 16 bar (1600kPa or 232 psi) for tube sizes up to 165.1mm OD and up to 40 Bar (4000 kPa or 582 psi) for tube sizes from 15 mm to 22 mm OD.
What metal types are available in the No Weld Pipe and Fitting range?
No Weld Pipe and Fittings are available in the following metal types:
- AISI 316L Stainless Steel
- 90/10 Copper Nickel
- Galvansied Steel
What are the main advantages of the 316 Stainless Steel No Weld Pipe and Fitting System?
The main advantages of No Weld Stainless Steel Pipe and Fittings are:
- Simple and easy to install.
- No Welding, No hot work, no fire hazard during installation, significant risk reduction.
- Lower labour costs as highly skilled pipe welders are not required or sometimes not readily available.
- Can be built on site and in situ, eliminating need for full and accurate manufacturing drawing or workshop labour.
- Reliability of pipe work in severe service conditions - marine & military approved.
- Speed of install means lower total costs and faster completion of piping project.
- Convenient and easy for maintenance personnel to make changes. No Hot Work Permits required and alterations can be made while internal tube is wet.
What types of Industries use the 316 Stainless Steel No Weld Pipe and Fitting System?
No Weld Pipes and Fittings have been used world wide for over thirty years. Industries include the following:
- Ship Building and Repairs, both Naval and Commercial – DNV, Lloyd's, BV approved
- Food Processing Factories, including small goods, dairies, wineries and abattoirs.
- Manufacturing Plants
- Mining Process Plants
- Heavy Industrial
- Waste Water Treatment.
- Hospitals and areas where hygiene is a priority
- Oil & Gas – service lines
- Fire sprinkler lines, with ActivFire Product Certificate Approval.
How does the 316 Stainless Steel No Weld Pipe and Fitting System work exactly?
The No Weld Stainless Steel Press Fit piping system is really very simple. You simply measure and cut the tube to the length required and de-burr. You then choose the desired fitting (from a range of over 60) and slide the fitting onto the tube. Once you are happy with the fitting position, simply apply pressure via the Pressing Tool to ensure tightness between the tube and the fitting. The "O" ring creates the pressure seal. The tool is designed to apply the correct pressure to the fitting and automatically releases once the cycle is completed. The task is totally finished in a few seconds.
How long does the "O" Ring last within the fitting?
As there is no mechanical wear, the “O” Ring is only potentially susceptible to chemical wear. As such it is important to select a rubber that will not chemically react with the fluid/gas being transported. By avoiding any chemical reaction with the o-rings, then the piping system is expected to last equivalent to other piping systems. The No Weld fittings are covered by a standard 20 year guarantee when installed following manufacturers guidelines. The standard “O” ring supplied is EPDM. This rubber is particularly resistant to ageing, ozone, heat, as well as to various chemicals, including conditioners normally used for drinking water and for cooling systems. Systems that are to transport petrochemicals (fuel oils, lubricants, etc) are supplied upon request with NBR "O" ring's. HNBR "O" ring's are supplied for gas installations. It is important to ensure that the correct "O" ring is used in each application. With the correct "O" ring installed Non Weld Pipes and Fittings have been in service for over 30 years across the world in a broad range of applications without "O" ring failure. Due to this fact and the benefits gained, the use of Non Weld Pipe and Fittings installations continue to grow significantly in Australia and around the world.
Why use 316 Stainless Steel No Weld Pipe and Fittings?
- Corrosion resistance. Suitable for most acids and alkaline fluids and resistance to most aggressive waters
- Strong and long life. Low maintenance, durable and often the least expensive alternative when whole of life cycle costs are considered.
- Resistance to high temperatures
- Piping installation without fire hazard
- Resists scaling
- Fire resistant and will not melt or give off toxic fumes in a fire
- Hygienic for fluids, gases and conduit lines.
- Time saving when considering repairs and maintenance both during and after installation
- Eliminates need for specialist welding
- Ease of installation in confined areas
What organisations have approved the 316 Stainless Steel No Weld Pipe and Fitting System?
The Tube and Fittings within the No Weld Press Fit Piping range have been approved by many of the worlds classification societies including Lloyds, DNV, BV, etc. It also has the Water mark applied from many countries, including the Australian WaterMark. The Press Fit piping system also has the Australian ActivFire approval for fire piping systems. Press Fit is manufactured in keeping with the strictest standards. Please see the Catalogue for further detail on approvals.
Is the 316 Stainless Steel No Weld Pipe and Fitting System silicon Free?
Both the Tube and the Fittings that make up the components of the No Weld piping system are guaranteed silicon free and can be used in proximity of industrial painting plants.
How do I order the 316 Stainless Steel No Weld Pipe and Fitting System?
Simply contact one of the Stainless Steel piping specialists at MEI on the following:
P: (02) 9734 7730
International: +61 (2) 9734 7730